Monday, August 8, 2011

Fish Tacos

Ok so a while back I found this recipe for fish tacos that was good but not just right. This one is ALMOST perfect but was really good (and FAST) I had to share it. Betty Crocker is one of my favorite go to sites when I get in a rut and need some ideas. This one did it for me when I don't have much time to cook, feed the baby and have my oldest "help" with dinner. But he really did get to help with this and that makes it so much easier to get him to eat without messing around too much. He got to mix the ingredients and line the fish sticks up on the pan (should have taken pics :-p )
Any way here's the recipe
1 package (10 to 12 oz) breaded or battered fish fillets (6 fillets)


1 box (4.6 oz) Old El Paso® taco shells (12 shells)

1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing

1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix (any variety)

6 cups coleslaw mix (from 16-oz bag)

Old El Paso® taco sauce, if desired

1 Bake fish fillets (I used Gordons fish sticks) as directed on package. Cut each fillet into bite-size pieces.

2 Heat taco shells in oven as directed on box. (I used Ortega multigrain shells)

3 In medium bowl, mix mayonnaise and seasoning mix; stir in coleslaw mix. Let stand 5 minutes. Fill shells with fish pieces and coleslaw mixture; top with taco sauce.

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment